Yvette Greslé at Sluice Talks
Yvette is available to take part in talks, lecture-performances, “in conversations” with artists, panel discussions and documentary film/television appearances related broadly to contemporary art practice (1990s to the present).
- Participant in a Copy Press evening of readings exploring the use of self and the essay form by authors who hover around that space where messy lives meet words (see event invitation below). London, Thursday 20 July 2017.
- Interviewed for the art documentary, Chiharu Shiota, Bloomberg Brilliant Ideas, Episode 52, released 2017.
- Participant in the Possibilities of Spoken Performance by Yve Lomax (voices from Barbara Campbell-Lange, Yvette Greslé, Clair le Couteur, Wiebke Leister, Cecile Malaspina and Jess Potter), Royal College of Art, 16 March 2017.
- Conference Paper: “Disorientation: Archival Encounters and Allegories of History in Penny Siopis’ video Obscure White Messenger (2010)”, Archives Matter (Queer, Feminist and Decolonial Encounters), Goldsmiths, University of London, hosted by the Centre for Feminist Research, 2-3 June 2016.
- Speaker at Sluice Magazine launch and Sluice_talks, the micro talk series (10 minute talks), Campbell Works, 27 November 2016.
- “In conversation” with Ruby Onyinyechi Amanze, Art Connect at Tiwani Contemporary, 20 February 2015.
- Speaker at the book launch of Jaki Irvine’s Days of Surrender (Gavin Everall, Yvette Greslé, Cherry Smyth), Housmans Bookshop, 9 October 2015.
- Symposium (paper and discussion): “Positioning Proximity”, a discussion of ethical concerns underpinning the article “Empathic unsettlement” in the field of vision: Jo Ractliffe’s Vlakplaas in photographs and video, Critical Arts, 9 November 2015, at the University of Leeds.
Yvette Greslé and Ruby Onyinyechi Amanze at Tiwani Contemporary.